Banjo Nominees have been specialising in backflow testing in Melbourne since 1958. Back Flow Valves are required to be tested every 12 months, and all results must be sent from your accredited plumber to the relevant water authority.
The necessity of backflow testing and prevention services
It is mandatory to have backflow prevention systems checked and tested every 12 months to prevent risk of water contamination. Businesses have the responsibility to install and test their backflow prevention assemblies, and to ensure that their respective backflow device is working and well-maintained. Neglecting this responsibility may cause contamination and result in a variety of illnesses. Other reasons why businesses need water backflow prevention include:
- Not having a backflow prevention device is dangerous. The petering out of clean water supply due to cross-connections has the potential to allow contaminants into the drinking water system that, if consumed, can predispose you to developing gastrointestinal illnesses such as diarrhoea, vomiting and abdominal cramps.
- Liabilities from backflow problems are expensive. Imagine the numerous medical bills that companies need to pay yearly due to contaminated water.
- A water filter is not enough to prevent water contamination. A water filter acts as a physical barrier against water impurities, but isn’t always enough to have consistently safe drinking water. With the installation of a backflow valve, it empowers the anti-water contamination function of water filters by preventing water pollution due to backflow.
Why choose our water backflow prevention services in Melbourne?
- We have certified backflow technicians. We have highly-skilled and extensively trained plumbers who are approved to test, maintain, inspect and repair backflow prevention assemblies. Our technicians are accredited via Master Plumbers and all governing Water Authorities to facilitate backflow testing and cross-connection control.
- We analyse and confirm the risk rating of backflow on your property. We know how sensitive backflow situations are. We understand the extensive work needed to ensure that you have safe, fresh and clean water. By successfully identifying the risk rating of backflow on your property, we will be able to determine what type of backflow prevention containment device is needed to address the problem.
- We provide the most effective way for backflow prevention. With more than 55 years of experience in the industry, we provide the most effective backflow devices for your commercial needs. We install the backflow preventive device in the most strategic locations in your plumbing system in accordance with industry standards.
- We offer ongoing backflow preventative maintenance. We just don’t stop at testing and treating your backflow problems. We provide you with the most appropriate preventive maintenance to ensure that no backflow problems will occur in the future. We schedule re-occurring testing to ensure you are adhering to water authority regulations.